||Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing; Twenty-Fourth Informational Supplement
Preview Sample Pages
Everything you need to know about antimicrobial susceptibility testing.
This document provides updated tables for the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute antimicrobial susceptibility testing standards M02-A11, M07-A9, and M11-A8.
New or revised interpretive criteria are available for the following drugs
- Revised cefepime disk diffusion and minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) interpretive
criteria along with dosage regimens for using susceptible-dose dependent (SDD) interpretive criteria
- New cefazolin interpretive criteria and recommendations for use as a surrogate test for uncomplicated urinary tract infections to predict results for oral cephalosporins
- New doripenem disk diffusion and MIC interpretive criteria with dosage regimens on which the breakpoints are based
- Revised imipenem and meropenem disk diffusion and MIC interpretive criteria with dosage regimens on which the breakpoints are based
- Definition for SDD
- An example and explanation for antimicrobial agents having only susceptible interpretive criteria
- Information for reporting first- and second-generation cephalosporins and cephamycins for Salmonella spp. and Shigella spp.
- Updated recommendations for the placement of disks on a 100-mm plate
QC Ranges Added and/or Revised for:
Chairholder: Jean B. Patel, PhD, D(ABMM)
Organization: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Date of Publication: 1/1/2014
ISBN Number: 1-56238-898-3
Nonmember Price: $170.00
*Your membership discount will be applied at checkout.